Saturday 14 January 2012

Conclusion

Throughout this project, I have learnt many more techniques and qualities in the field of post-production and visual effects and I have rediscovered that some of my most efficient strengths are in operating and producing animation presets in Adobe After Effects and polygonal modelling in Maya. But there are certain qualities in my works for this assessment that I believe could be improved with more practice or research, such as I would like to improve my modelling skills by learning to correct topology of models if needed and of course, learning more techniques that are relevant to the subject of visual effects for future use.

But all in all, I think the CGI animation and visual effects turned out better than anticipated, the lighting and texturing is outstanding and the sound effects are very good. The robots featured could have done with a bit of motion blur to blend in more with the camera movement but the whole finished version is absolutely superb, well in my opinion. Great work to my fellow group members too for their part in this project.


Below is the Youtube link to the final movie clip. Hope you enjoy it.


Phantasmagoria_comp.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment